UK Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

Sunday 27 November 2016

Blonde Ambition

Ta-dah! Finally out of the ginger woods and into the ash blond light! I recently embarked on a blonde mission/ambition and I'm happy to say that my hair is finally where I want it to be. On a Sunday mission to find some Applewood cheese (heavenly stuff), I got my lovely weekend guest (my sister) to snap some pics of my new do. Keep reading for deets on my new hair and favourite products...

My hair colour has been a constant battle. I accidentally dyed it orange aged 13 and pretty much screwed things up from there on. Years of box dye brown could not get the warmth out of my hair, so I figured (yep, I'm almost 22 now) it was time to fix it - removing the warm tones by getting my blonde on!

My inspiration was the gorgeous Arielle Vandenburg: baby lights blended into balayage with a more solid colour at the tips, keeping natural colour at the roots so that upkeep is easy. This is the result of being slightly ginger for a month and a hell of a lot of toner: the colour is finally looking a bit more ashy.

Because my hair is damaged, I've been loving Aussie's Repair Miracle shampoo and conditioner on my blonde hair, as well as using argan oil as a mask and as an every day taming product. I'm looking in to getting some products to maintain my colour - recommendations please!


If you're in Nottingham and you're looking for a new stylist, my hair dresser is Aana at Q Hair on Carlton Street in Hockley. She's magic!

As always, thanks for reading!
Leave me your product recommendations below...

xo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Getting to Nomi

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig