UK Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

Wednesday 13 January 2016

Review: Maybelline Matte Colour Tattoos

I'm back! I've handed in my stupid 15,000-word accumulation of essays so I can finally get back to being a normal person who has fun and doesn't hate life (it's been a killer fortnight, can you tell?). What's my idea of fun you say? Well, it might just be playing with makeup, not gonna lie...
I've been so excited to play with these three Colour Tattoos by Maybelline. I tried some of these before and loved them, but I never even knew the range had intricacies (there are ranges within the range, how about that). Here we have (from left to right in all pictures):
  • Creamy Beige - a Creamy Matte Tattoo. A gorgeous beige with a gold undertone.
  • Permanent Taupe - a Creamy Matte Tattoo. A great grey-toned brown.
  • Vintage Plum - a Leather Effect Tattoo. A more subtle finish but a lovely purple shade.

Thoughts:
  • I love the formula of the Colour Tattoos, particularly the original Creamy Mattes. They have a blendable consistency - making them easy to apply - but they set to a matte. Vintage Plum (far right) is Leather Effect which I found to be slightly more difficult to blend. I definitely prefer the creamier formula as you can achieve a more opaque look. 
  • However, they all make great, simple eye looks and can also be built upon to achieve something more dramatic. As you can see from the photos, I don't have a defined crease so I really need a bit of shadow in my crease to make the look that bit more polished. I do however adore Creamy Beige (far left) on its own, as it's so natural. It doesn;t take much fussing over so it's a really quick way to step your makeup up a notch.
  • The great thing about these is that they don't crease. The vibrancy lasts all day and the formula seriously doesn't budge. They're a great choice for people with oily lids, or if you fancy applying shadows on top they act as a tinted eye primer.
I'm thoroughly impressed with this formula and can't wait to incorporate these into my makeup. Have you tried any of these Colour Tattoos? Let me know! (what other shades would you recommend?)


Thanks for your patience whilst I took a blogging break. I have lots of new products to try out, so stay tuned xo
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I used to use the color tattoo shadows pretty religiously as bases for eye looks. Loved this review!
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrookee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make perfect bases. Thanks Brooke! xo

      Delete
  2. I love color tattoos! But I have never tried to mattes! going to have to test these outs!

    www.repressingthecrazy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend! Very different to the glossier, shiny ones but in a good way! xo

      Delete
  3. I literally got two of these the other day and I have been loving them.
    They're so creamy and you really can build them up if you want to.
    I normally apply with fingers and then blend out harsh lines.

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

© Getting to Nomi

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig