UK Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

Wednesday 16 December 2015

Review: Sleek Limited Edition 'Glitter Me' Lip Glosses

If there's ever a time for sparkly lips, it's during the run up to Chistmas! Sleek kindly sent me all three of their aptly named 'Glitter Me' glosses from their limited edition 24K Gold collection*, and I put them to the test!
Let's talk packaging. I have never purchased anything from Sleek before, but let's just say: it's pretty darn sleek. The smooth black accents are perfection! Here we have a really sophisticated looking product that looks beautiful in a makeup stand. These babies retail for £4.99 each but I reckon they definitely look worth a lot more than the price tag.

The shades I'm trying out (top to bottom in the above image) are:
Money Talks: Nude
Uptown Girl: Pink
Private Jet: Red

Let's talk formula. The thought of glitter lip glosses from glitter lip gloss past kind of makes me feel a bit sick. That sickly sweet scent, tacky formula and chunks of glitter big enough to taste remind me of primary school discos and the pain of clip-on earrings. I have never really opted for glitter lip gloss since, but gloss seems to be back in at the minute!

Hallelujah. This formula is very comfortable to wear. It has no scent at all which is brilliant and the glitter is so subtle you barely notice it on your lips. In terms of wear time, obviously, it's gloss: it's not going to properly withstand eating, drinking or kissing under the mistletoe. Nevertheless, I would say this stuff lasts up to two hours (if not met with any of the aforementioned activites) and if you need to touch up it doesn't crumble or look patchy. It's a great formula!
Here are how each of the shades look on my lips and my thoughts on them individually! Excuse the pasty shade of white I'm flaunting right now, my camera was washing me out even further which doesn't help. From left to right...
Money Talks is a nude-ish shade with gorgeous gold sparkle. I imagine this would look stunning on someone with dark skin, but it does wash me out a little. It's a really beautiful gloss, but if you're fair, it might not be the one for you.

Uptown Girl is again another beautiful gloss, but I'm not really a bright pink lips kinda gal! It's got amazing pigmentation and creates the most solid colour out of the three. I would certainly wear this in summer on the beach with a bright bikini and a tan. If you're a fan of bright pink all year round you will love this.

Private Jet has to be my favourite! You can really build this up to achieve a strong berry red colour. Red gloss can be difficult to wear simply because it can look a bit worse for wear if not touched up, but if you're willing to keep tabs on your lips, this is the perfect party colour.

I hope you enjoyed this review. Let me know your thoughts! xo

*These tems were gifted to me by the brand or company mentioned. All views are my own.
SHARE:

3 comments

© Getting to Nomi

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig