UK Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

Sunday 13 December 2015

1709 Brasserie & Yankee Candle Heaven: I'm Home For Christmas!

I love the magic of coming home for Christmas. My family and I went for a day out in Lichfield, a parish in Staffordshire that I love to visit. It's an extremely cute place with lots of independent shops and there's also a cathedral which is pretty magnificent. I didn't stop by on this ocassion but a spot of coffee, shopping and general Christmas cheer was very much needed.
I've eaten at the 1709 brasserie before, but never at this time of year when they bring out their Christmas menu. It's such a quaint little place but still stylish and cosy: the building is medieval, with squeaky floors and wooden beams, but complete with big antique mirrors and a plush red carpeted staircase.
Braised blade of beef followed by Christmas pud and brandy sauce...delicious! I basically want to return and work my way down that dessert menu. Anyone?

We had to make a trip to 'Smart Ideas'- it may just be the world's crappest name for a shop but seriously, this place is heaven! I've never seen such a large range of Yankee candles in one store (I can imagine it's a completely different story in the US!), but we eventually settled on Sparkling Cinnamon. So many Christmassy feels...
Absolutely spoilt for choice!

Remember to follow me on Bloglovin and never miss a post!

Til next time... xo
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Yankee candle always has such wonderful seasonal scents! Definitely a great option to spread some holiday cheer!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more- I'm crazy for their Christmas candles!

      xo

      Delete

© Getting to Nomi

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig