UK Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

Sunday 13 September 2015

My Favourite Nail Polishes For Autumn

'Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.' The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald

If you haven't yet wiped off your electric blue nail varnish and replaced it with a vampish oxblood, it's time to take ol'Fitzy's advice and embrace the crisp newness that comes with the best season of all. Yes, of course he intended that line to be applied to nail varnish choices! (I just really love Gatsby and this particular quote- I can't help but think of it whenever the season is mentioned, so it had to feature). Hello Autumn nails!
As you can see, there's a bit of a theme with my seasonal picks... dark and moody with a little bit of glitter and a heavy dose of purple. All of my favourite things! Make sure you check out the names of the polishes mentioned: I think some of them suit the season so well.

From left to right...

Barry M Nail Paint- Vintage Violet
This shade seems to be very 'in' right now. I keep seeing this gentle mauve for lips, eyes and nails on Instagram (therefore it must be trend, right?) It's not too vampy, so a great shade for the autumn transition time.

Revlon Nail Enamel-Vixen
One of my all time favourite nail polishes- as you can see, the bottle is looking rather well loved! Vixen is the perfect oxblood shade and I honestly think everyone should own it. Revlon enamels are some of the best; this stuff has a beautiful finish.

Maybelline Colour Show 'Brocades'- Woven Skyline
I had to have a little bit of sparkle in my picks. I rarely wear glitter nail varnish at the start of the year, but in my mind post-summer = the run-up to Christmas = the arrival of sparkly nails. Yeah, I'm one of those people. This blend of gold and black flecks is still a super sophisticated choice. Save the red sparkle for December (I'm as excited as you are, my Christmas lovers).

Makeup Gallery Nail Colour- Mushroom Magic
This lil beauty of a shade is spot on for Autumn. This colour comes out a beautiful deep chestnut. It's from Poundland's own makeup line (pretty random I know)- trust me when I say it will pleasantly surprise you!

No7 Stay Perfect- Grey Skies
People always look at my strangely when I tell them that grey is my favourite colour. I certainly prefer a pale grey but this 'angry sky' kinda grey is very fitting for the season. Grey nails go with everything and look beautiful around this time of year.
Let me know what your favourite hues are for the season. I'm currently on the hunt for a burnt orange to add to this collection. I'm so glad Autumn is here! xo
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. This is actually one Barry M shade that I do not already own, and it looks so gorg! The Revlon deep red is also beautiful, and definitely very Autumnal x x x

    kassiella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kassi! I love Barry M too, always picking up polishes from there. Recommend both! xo

      Delete
  2. Totally eyed Vixen from the get go- love that color for fall!
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete

© Getting to Nomi

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig