UK Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

Thursday 21 May 2015

Eye Look: Inspired by Taylor Swift's 'Bad Blood' Music Video

I'm not a massive fan of Taylor Swift after she stopped making country music but the 'Bad Blood' video (though just a bizarre series of cameos with no story line- am I wrong or am I right?) does indeed contain some kick-ass looks. Everything was black, smokey and winged: so instead of just doing one specific look, I did a look inspired by the makeup throughout the whole video.

It's pretty simple because nothing has to be neat! There's a step-by-step guide and more pics below.
  1. I began with priming my eyes (with Urban Decay's Primer Potion) and a neutral shadow.
  2. I then added Urban Decay Buck into the crease and Sidecar onto the outer corner.
  3. I then cat-eye lined my eyes. Don't make it neat as it's going to be smoked out in the next step!
  4. I then smoked out the liner with a matte black shadow, bringing the black colour no further than in line with my pupil.
  5. I added a liquid line to my lower lash line and smoked this out with black kohl.
  6. Finally I added mascara, false lashes (these were applied pretty lazily, apologies) and a little more Sidecar to give the lid a glitter finish.
Watch the video here if you haven't already- even if it's just for the makeup! Which is your favourite look? Let me know below!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Sidecar is my favorite shadow, of all time.... so anything that uses that is a winner in my book hahah.
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo same! It's so lovely and versatile xoxo

      Delete
  2. Beautiful smokey look.
    I can create this hopefully with my urban decay naked palette. :)

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

© Getting to Nomi

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig