UK Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

Thursday 12 March 2015

How to Highlight

Highlighter is my favourite. Drawing attention to the high points of your face enhances your cheekbones and adds a gorgeous glow that takes your makeup to the next level. I prefer liquid highlighters so today I've used one drugstore one and one high(er) end formula: the 2True 3-in-1 Concealer&Highlighter combined with Benefit's High Beam. The first will set you back £2 and the second will set you back £20. Be my guest in judging!

I don't usually combine the two (they each work well but differently alone) but here I'm beginning with the drugstore one then enhancing with Benefit. I've already applied foundation and contoured my cheeks, as that's the usual order I follow, finishing with highlighter.
2True Concealer&Highlighter
I apply this to the high point of my cheekbones. If you wanted to contour properly, then apply this in a triangle (bringing it up under your eyes.)
XCSource domed kabuki
I then blend this in with my XCSource domed kabuki. Domed brushes are perfect for work around the eye and cheekbone area. For my skin, I find stippling this product creates a smoother finish. Your fingers will work well for this task if you don't have a domed brush.
Benefit High Beam
You can see that beneath the second highlighter that there's already a nice effect. Nevertheless, I love High Beam. It's a pearly pink miracle in a bottle and I reckon is surprisingly versatile for a range of skin types (it's almost sheer.) I dot this along the high points of my cheekbones, onto my brow bone and on my cupid's bow before blending it out.

Tip 1: If you have large pores around your nose/under your eyes, keep your highlight at the highest points of your cheekbones. A highlight can look super radiant on some people's cheeks (those with flawless skin!), but if you have large pores that you don't want to draw attention to then keep it high.

Tip 2: The areas to highlight are the cheekbones, brow bone and cupid's bow. The latter two bring out your features tenfold (eyes will appear larger, lips will appear fuller.)

And that's it! Highlighting is so easy. Let me know if you like this and what products you use to highlight.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Getting to Nomi

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig