UK Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

Friday 13 February 2015

Product Review: LaRoc Concealer Palette

Today I'm reviewing a buy I stumbled upon whilst trawling Amazon. This is the LaRoc Concealer Palette. Beauty experts will already have figured out that this product is just a massive dupe of the famous Lorac. Horay! If you know me, you know I just love finding dupes. Partly because it's just fun to test but obviously, let's save some cash please. 

I've been wanting a concealer spectrum to work with for contouring for a while. Originally, I was simply going to buy a Revlon Photoready concealer in a darker shade, as I've seen so many people are loving (including my angel Carli Bybel who I will put below.) 
However, I stumbled on this palette whilst looking for something totally random (getting lost on Amazon, as always) and thought I would try it out.

Firstly, this arrived super fast. Secondly, the packing is very nice. It looks sleek and professional, and the opposite of the price tag. The colour spectrum ranges from virtually white to dark brown. You can also see on the first picture that this palette contains some unusual shades: namely a yellow, a green and a purple. 
  • These shades are known as 'correction' colours. 
  • Orange concealer is used to cancel out bruise-coloured pigmentation whilst green and purple will minimise redness. They can be used on the under eye area or on imperfections. 
  • You apply them before your skin-coloured concealer, either all together or just one or two shades depending on your needs. The below video demonstrates how orange concealer can help you out.
I pretty much follow this pattern of contouring. Below I've labelled the shades I'm using and where. I've mixed some and had a play around too. This is obviously for fair skin, but I don't think it's too hard to figure out which contour colours you need for your skin tone. I just like to make sure my nose contour colour is lighter than my cheek contour colour, but that's just personal preference.
You can purchase this palette here. It's got 4 stars on Amazon from a lot of reviews. I think it's a really good, affordable addition to any collection. 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Ooh, I've been looking for something similar to this for ages, seems like my search has finally ended! This looks really useful, I could really do with the green and purple shades at the moment as the harsh weather is playing havoc with my skin. Thanks so much for spreading light on this find!
    http://la-bea-boheme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm glad I could be of help! Yes, the cold weather brings out the redness in my skin tenfold. This is a really good palette to help with it x

      Delete
  2. Hi Naomi,

    At first sight I thought you wrote Lorac and they when I read further I understood it was Laroc. This is but an amazing find! I am going to scour amazon on your recommendation! thanks for sharing.
    Hope you have a nice Valentine's Day celebration :-)

    Jo of Say Cheesy Cake
    Say Cheesy Cake on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very sly way of tricking you isn't it! Nevertheless, yes, this is a really good find.

      Have a lovely day too! x

      Delete
  3. This looks awesome. I wanted to get it from amazon but the shipping is killing me!!! How can a overspending beauty blogger be expected to pay 15£ for a 1.80£ palette? 😱😱🤗🤗
    But good tip!

    Oana Samoila
    Green Vogue and Glam

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good! Just found it on groupon for £3.98 with £1.99 shipping! Thought I'd share! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. How to use Concealer

    Before understanding the art of making use of Concealer, we ought to be aware of why we practice Concealer. the main purpose of a concealer is to shed the herbal darker coloration of skin appear below eyes or on different darker region and to focus on few regions of face just like the bridge of nose, top of cheekbones, forehead and middle of chin.

    ReplyDelete

© Getting to Nomi

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig