UK Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

Saturday 14 February 2015

Product Review: Botanics Cleansing Foam Wash

Today I'm reviewing the Botanics Cleansing Foam Wash. I have recently been loving the BB cream, so thought I would investigate the range further. Read my review of it here.

It's usually £3.99 but is currently on sale. The fact it's for all skin types didn't fill me with much confidence: I like oil reducing washes usually, but hey, oily skin is included in all! It claims to be brightening, so I hoped it would help my skin from looking dull and wintry. 

First impressions: Okay so it's got natural ingredients in it...hibiscus and plants and stuff (it's developed with Kew gardens, and that's what they're into I guess) but seriously...this cleanser smells not good. Not antiseptic but it definitely has a hospital vibe to it. I've read other people's reviews and they seem to like it, claiming it just has an absence of scent. Everyone is different I guess but the smell for me is a big downside to this product. 
After that I was in a mood with this product. I didn't want to like it. Damn when something works, eh...

Conclusions: Does it brighten? Yes. After a week or so my skin was looking that extra bit perkier. It also does a brilliant job of removing foundation...it seems to melt away. 

It's a very good cleanser that leaves your skin feeling clean but not stripped, like so so many of the popular brands. It's almost as though we're used to feeling products 'work' on us (generally just being abrasive, probably), when we should be looking at the way a product actually makes our skin look. 

If you're not fussy about how stuff smells, try this out. I really like this range and will be buying more in the future. 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    walmart black friday

    ReplyDelete

© Getting to Nomi

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig